There are a variety of treatment options available for infertility, depending on the underlying cause. These treatments include:
– Medications: Fertility drugs can help regulate hormones and stimulate ovulation.
– Surgery: In cases where anatomical abnormalities are causing infertility, surgery may be necessary to correct the problem.
– Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART): ART includes procedures including Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). These procedures involve fertilizing eggs outside the body and then transferring them to the uterus.
– Lifestyle Changes: Making certain lifestyle changes, such as reducing alcohol consumption, quitting smoking, and maintaining a healthy weight, can improve fertility.
It can be an emotionally charged experience. However, there are a variety of treatment options available. If you are dealing with infertility, talk to your doctor or a fertility specialist to discuss your options and develop a treatment plan that is right for you.
Rely on support from loved ones or a mental health professional to help you through the emotional impact of infertility. Infertility is a medical condition, and getting help is a marker of strength, not weakness.
Our fertility specialists at Mother and Child Hospital Fertility Clinic in Lagos, Nigeria, are prepared to help you realize your desire by utilizing the most cutting-edge scientific methods.
We offer a variety of assisted reproductive services, including fertility testing for both individuals and couples, IVF, IUI, ICSI, cryopreservation – egg freezing, embryo freezing, and more.
The Mother and Child Fruitful Field Clinic is dedicated to the effective diagnosis and management of infertility as well as the psychological health of couples and individuals going through the process.
Review our services for more information about assisted reproductive technologies, or contact us for questions on fertility.
Causes of Infertility
Today, we’re diving into a crucial topic: the common causes of infertility. Infertility can be complex. However, knowledge is power, and understanding what infertility is as well as causative factors can help you navigate your fertility journey with confidence.
Exploring Common Causes of Infertility:
Infertility can be caused by various factors, both in men and women.
1. Age: As we age, fertility naturally declines, with a significant drop after the age of 35. It’s essential to be aware of this factor when planning your family.
2. Medical Conditions: Conditions like polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, and hormonal imbalances can affect fertility in women, while issues like low sperm count or motility can affect men.
3. Lifestyle Factors: Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, stress, and obesity can impact fertility. Making healthy lifestyle choices can significantly improve your chances.
4. Sexual Health: Infections, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and certain medications can affect reproductive health. Regular check-ups are crucial.
5. Environmental Factors: Exposure to environmental toxins, such as pesticides or radiation, can harm fertility. Be mindful of your surroundings.
6. Unexplained Infertility: Sometimes, despite thorough testing, the cause of infertility remains unknown. This can be particularly challenging but remember that support is available.
The first step to confirming your fertility status is to conduct a test. For a consultation session with a fertility expert, please call +2348129209860. Visit here to learn more about the Fruitful Field fertility clinic.
Fruitful Field offers services in Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Intrauterine Insemination (IUI), Pre-Implantation Genetic Testing, Semen Freezing, Gender Selection, Cryopreservation (Eggs & Embryos), and Transport IVF.